Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thought

This is another day at work, thankfully it's friday and the weekend is here, yay! When I come into office every morning, I'll turn on my laptop, take warn water from the pantry, sit down, read and reply to emails, talks to my US-based counterparts if needed, make a cup of green tea and take a sip, then I'll pick a blog on my company's network to read up. We've a great diversity of employees from all around the world, it's just interesting and fun to read what other thought about the company, what working/not working for them, what mean to them/comapny and etc. I personally enjoy reading it very much :) And you would be amazed how people work in other regions, what are their BKMs(aka best-known-method) and how people would stay in the company that I'm working now for 30 years! Wow...30 years. I've never thought I would work for a company that long, I've been working for 7 years since the day I graduated from college with a Computer Science degree and this is my third job. With the pay I'm getting now and overall employee's benefits provided by this company, I can't complaint more and I certainly hope I would work longer here than the previous two companies.

Okay, the post that I read today was written by a female African American VP whom in preparation of her retirement in Marh. From what she has seen and experienced at the company over the last 30 years, she wrote about her journey with the company,. accomplishments, peronal thoughts and more. Knowing the truth it's not easy to be a female techical leader in the company, I'm amazed and impressed all that she has done within the company and be successful in her life. That post was a very well written piece and honestly it has been an inspiration to me.

Lastly, her advise to all of us and I think it applied to anyone who reads this post:
“You can’t come to I**e* and be a wall flower.
Stand up, contribute, and let your message be heard.
Be risk takers, focus on your job, and effectively interface with people both internally and externally.”

Happy working and I hope you all have a great weekend:) Till then...


0 **Muacks**: